Saturday, July 18, 2009

Greek hummus wraps


Hummus Salad Wraps from Mediterrasian.com

Greek Pita Pockets from Mediterrasian.com


According to the family, this is the most filling vegetarian recipe we've ever had. It's a combination of the above recipes.

Hummus spread on whole-wheat flat bread, then covered in feta cheese, red onions, black olives, lettuce, tomato, grated carrots, and best of all.....Frank's Red Hot sauce.

It's a very refreshing meal, but filling at the same time. Plus it's really beautiful and colorful, and everyone can customize their sandwich with their favorite toppings. Definitely recommend this. :)

The hummus was homemade, created with chickpeas, olive oil, walnuts, red pepper flakes and some more of Frank's Red Hot. (I can't get enough of that stuff!)

4 comments:

Julie said...

"Can I have some more please?" ... she said in a cockney accent.

The Messy Baker said...

Walnuts?! What a great idea. Every hummus recipe I come across requires tahini and I never have it on hand. But I'm a walnut fiend, so this would be a perfect substitution. Do you roast or toast them first?

jordan said...

You know, I didn't but I bet toasting them would make them easier to grind up, it was a little difficult getting it smooth. Good idea. :)

cindy* said...

that hummus sounds amazing! and anything customizable is always good for gatherings...yum!