Saturday, June 27, 2009

Mushroom rice casserole and glazed carrots


Mushroom Casserole from 101 Cookbooks


Glazed Carrots from Alton Brown



Of course I've had mushroom rice casserole before, but typically we've made the canned-cream-of-mushroom variety. This recipe calls for fresh chopped mushrooms mixed in with a creamy mixture of cheeses and rice. It's very good, and it also smells HEAVENLY.

I decided to whip up some glazed carrots and found Alton's recipe. It calls for ginger ale, which I thought was interesting. Overall it's a good and simple, easy-to-make side dish.

3 comments:

test it comm said...

Cheesy baked mushrooms and rice sound really good!

Alejandro said...

I'm a mushroom lover and just by the looks of this I can tell you that I would definitely enjoy nom noming on this.

Sam's Thots said...

You take mouth watering pics of your creations!