Monday, May 25, 2009

Honey-nut biscotti


Nut and Seed Biscotti from 101 Cookbooks
approx. 26 pieces, with 130 calories and 2.5g protein a piece


Biscotti takes practice. Let me tell you. I don't think I baked it long enough before cutting, so the loaf wasn't hard enough, and it was crumbling. Then I thought it was ruined because the thick pieces weren't getting crispy. But in the end, they crisped up fairly well and they tasted good. Slightly sweet, crunchy, and nutty.

I made the following variations to the recipe:
I used a mixture of sunflower seeds, walnuts, almonds, and poppy seeds. Instead of natural cane sugar, I used 1/3 c honey and 1/3 c granulated sugar. The calories listed above are based on these variations.


3 comments:

Alejandro said...

MEHHHHH. It looks delicious but I don't think I would eat it.

I am a pickysaurus :) <3

ashley (sweet & natural) said...

Hi Jordan - Thanks for your comment on my blog! The blueberry coconut coookies were tasty - just like these look!

Danielle said...

Mmm this biscotti looks like it is just BURSTING with flavour!