Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Spinach soup and sourdough


Spinach & Zucchini Soup from 101 Cookbooks

Finally got around to making this soup... It was different than I expected. I mean, it was good, but I guess I expected it to be creamier....even though it doesn't have cream in it. I don't know, ok!? But it was very good, and I added some red pepper flakes and jalapeno to give it some oomph. Sourdough slices were dusted with olive oil and Italian spices and broiled.

The recipe makes 6 servings, with about 90 calories a piece. (Awesome!)

2 comments:

BottledBeauty said...

Matt and I really liked this soup. It wasn't heavy like a soup you would eat when it's really cold. I could eat that in the summer too. Definately keep the jalapeno in it!

Jackie @PhamFatale.com said...

Great soup idea. I'll give it a try when I get some spinach at the grocery stores tomorrow. I love your calorie-countdown ;)